Shiftsmart matches workers with jobs in a wide range of fields, from product testing to customer service, and the retail sector. As far as your earning potential per shift is concerned, it will vary depending on the company that offers it.
There is no doubt that apps like ShiftSmart are becoming a good source of additional income. The reason for that is that you will be able to find work very easily, and you will be able to work whenever it is convenient for you.
Moreover, you will not be forced to work certain shifts. When you want to work is still up to you. Shiftsmart will notify you via SMS if there is a shift available. If there is a shift available, you will also receive a push notification.
Shiftsmart helps you find part-time jobs to make extra money. Indeed, it is a legit app, because you will be paid for the work you do on the app.
Your payment must be approved by SmartShift after you complete a shift. As soon as your payment is approved, it can be withdrawn immediately or deposited directly into your account within 2-3 days.
A major highlight of the ShiftSmart app is that it lets you choose when you work and what responsibilities, letting you pick the shifts that are right for you.
However, Shiftsmart has a serious disadvantage, most of their jobs are not available everywhere. So, this platform is not suitable for everyone.
A decent income can be earned from Shiftsmart if you live in a city or town where a large number of Shiftsmart jobs are available. However, if you live in rural areas, earning opportunities are likely to be limited.
If you are looking for a job with flexible hours, there are some apps like ShiftSmart that can help you find such opportunities.
These apps make searching for such jobs much easier by collecting all of them in one place. Check out our list of the best apps to find flexible jobs below!
Best Apps Like ShiftSmart to Earn More with Flexible Work
Instawork allows you to find jobs in a variety of fields, including hospitality, warehouse associate, catering, and transportation. With a simple browse or search, it is easy to find employment opportunities and schedules that suit you.
Using the app, you can book shifts, apply for jobs, keep track of your hours, and get paid instantly.
Unlike other apps like ShiftSmart, whenever you complete a gig, the company will reward you with a bonus, direct deposit, bonus pay of 3 percent, and other perks.
InstaWork connects you with local, hourly workers. It connects businesses and professionals around the globe to provide local economies with key services and products.
- Take advantage of your free time to work.
- If you need to change your shift timings, you can request it from the company.
- The app allows you to track payments, and overall activity, and access more features.
- Minimum age of 18 is required to apply for jobs on this app.
- Your background should be clean.
- In order to be hired, you must pass the interview.
- ALSO READ: – 12 Job Apps Like Instawork to Earn Money (2022)
If you are interested in earning extra income, you can try Wonolo. With this app, you will be able to work on a temporary basis from anywhere in the world.
Wonolo offers employment at retail outlets, warehouses, event staffing, and administrative positions. You will be notified of new job postings every day, and you can apply for the ones that are relevant to your skills.
Wonolo goes by the name Work Now Locally and helps people find jobs locally. It is an online job board and the staffing platform makes it easier for employers and employees to connect.
Whether you’re a student or unemployed, Wonolo might be the right place for you to start making some side income. Wonolo also offers full-time and part-time employment options.
Wonolo also helps businesses find experienced and local employees.
- Experience isn’t necessary
- By accepting more jobs, your chances of finding a new job will increase
- No long interview process
- It gives workers the ability to find jobs, earn money, and enjoy their lives.
- You must be 18 or older
- A background check must be passed
- Wonolo app on a smartphone
- An applicant must be a U.S. citizen
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
With Upshift, you get to decide when you want to work on a part-time basis on your own schedule.
‘Upshift’ is one of the more popular staffing platforms that are designed to assist companies in finding talented, pre-verified, W2-eligible employees.
Through a comprehensive vetting process, and robust accountability systems, Upshift delivers success rates higher than average. Among the sectors served by Upshift are hospitality, light industrial, and office services sectors.
Upshift is free to use for users. You will never be charged a fee when shifts are matched to you.
Upshift allows individuals to choose their own working hours and locations. If you’re looking for a shift on Tuesday or just for Wednesday, Upshift helps you find a shift quickly and easily. Upshift helps you find a job or take on an extra shift so that you can work more hours or earn more money.
Whether you need a steady income or want to make a little extra money, Upshift provides you with an excellent opportunity.
- Local job searches will expose you to jobs that match your skills and interests
- Benefit from weekly pay and work benefits.
- Make the most of your profile, gain positive reviews, certifications, and other accomplishments, and get hired at higher salaries.
- Get the chance to explore a variety of career options and make new friends
- It is possible to improve your profile by learning new skills and enhancing your skills every time you work a shift.
- You can track all your shifts using an easy-to-use mobile app as well as a website.
- You must be 18 years old or older to qualify
- The applicant will be required to undergo a background check.
Tasker by Taskrabbit
Tasker by Taskrabbit provides a website and mobile app for searching, hiring, and reviewing local service providers. You must try this app if you are searching for jobs like ShiftSmart.
Using Tasker by Taskrabbit, users can connect with local freelancers. In addition, the service offers reviews and ratings that are verified.
It’s easy to find nearby contractors using Tasker by Taskrabbit, see what previous clients have to say about them, see how much they charge and leave your own feedback.
Upon becoming a Tasker, you have the option to set up a profile for as many services as you like. The rate can also be set differently for each service.
If you are a tasker, you have control over your rates and schedule, making it easy to fit around your current work schedule and other obligations.
The payment is usually approved within 24 hours of completing a task, however, the deposit can take up to five days to reach your account.
- Flexible schedule
- You can set your own prices
- Availability of virtual services
- There are a number of contactless services available
- Certain damages are covered by TaskRabbit’s insurance
- Paying on time
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a Social Security number
- The background check must also be passed
- License or certification required for certain work
Qwick connects freelancers and workers to businesses that need on-demand workers.
Qwick enables workers to work at their own pace by providing flexible hours. It is one of the best ShiftSmart alternatives. Qwick provides jobs for the cooks, waiters, bartenders, and concession attendants to handle these events
Moreover, the food and beverage industry has a variety of job options, such as cooks, dishwashers, bartenders, baristas, servers, and hosts.
In order to begin working for Qwick, applicants must complete an application. During the interview process, a company representative contacts the candidate about scheduling an in-person meeting.
Once workers register with Qwick and are approved, they can search for available jobs through the Qwick app or website. You can sort results by location and keyword.
Users can find more details about each job on the listing. Upon hiring, you will receive push notifications notifying you of your shift time and the deadline for your hours. In order to receive your payment on time, you must submit your hours within 24 hours of finishing your shift.
Qwick provides employment opportunities for hourly workers as well as providing businesses with the ability to be more responsive and flexible.
There are thousands of companies/business in the foodservice, hospitality, retail, warehouse, and experiential marketing that rely on Qwick because it simplifies the process of filling and managing short-term jobs with experienced, qualified candidates.
- Work when and where you want
- There is no limit to how much you can earn
- Switch jobs for a more interesting career
- It can be used to build your resume
- By providing local businesses with the staffing they require
- The minimum age is 18
- The work location should be close to where you live
- The applicant must have the eligibility to work in the U.S.
- License or certification in a particular skill is required
- A smartphone with internet
- Your experience should be relevant to the job you are applying for.
GigSmart is another handy ShiftSmart alternative. With GigSmart, companies can connect job seekers to available jobs. With this app, companies can advertise their part-time and full-time job opportunities to over 300,000 job seekers.
GigSmart was launched in 2018. Since then, GigSmart has connected thousands of workers with short-term jobs in a variety of industries.
GigSmart became increasingly popular among companies in order to convert temporary employees into full-time workers.
Apart from serving 50 states, the app offers staff for fields like delivery services, transportation, construction, manufacturing, customer service, food service, retail, and professional services.
GigSmart is an online job platform that aggregates all available jobs into one place, making it easier to find a job.
Using GigSmart Get Workers, companies can find local, vetted, and insured employees on-demand, anytime, anywhere.
Through the GigSmart Get Gigs app, users can search for local jobs, temporary or full-time jobs, or jobs in a wide range of industries.
Unlike other apps like ShiftSmart, GigSmart provides workers with Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI) which covers medical expenses and benefits for workers who suffer workplace injuries.
- Flexible work options are available
- Payment rates are set by clients.
- Job offers can be accepted or rejected by workers
- Workplace accidents are covered by occupational insurance
- Minimum age of 18 is required
- Having the legal authorization to work
- Having the legal authority to sign contracts
- The hiring process may involve a background check and a DMV check.
JobStack offers workers the opportunity to find temporary, freelance jobs & gigs tailored to their qualifications and schedules. With JobStack, you can choose when you work whenever you want.
The moment you find a job or gig that meets your requirements, they will send you instructions regarding how you can get to the job or gig, along with instructions on how to get started. JobStack company has provided over 1.3 million shifts since it began its operations.
The app is designed to get to know you as you use it and recommend similar jobs. JobStack helps employees find the right job for them by offering flexible employment options, easily accessible.
- Streamlined onboarding process
- You can add skills and decide what job you want to do
- Work at a time that is convenient for you
- Discover a new job posting every day.
- A survey for evaluating your skills
- Fill out the paperwork at the local PeopleReady branch office
- JobStack Worker app and smartphone with internet connection
- There are a few positions, skills, certificates, and licenses subject to verification by the branch.
BlueCrew is yet another app similar to ShiftSmart that recruits on-demand delivery, warehouse, and customer support workers, giving them the flexibility to work when they want.
Basically, it is a staffing firm that specializes in hiring hourly workers for companies with inventory management, order processing, warehouses, sales, and delivery departments.
BlueCrew is an employment service that offers workers a job with the company and lets them choose which shift they want.
Employees receive different pay depending on the job they take and the shift they perform. With operations in more than 20 states, the company served more than 26 markets. Bluecrew helps businesses find staff quickly. It is easy for employers to hire hourly workers across many industries.
The BlueCrew gives employers the convenience of finding, choosing, hiring, and managing pre-screened employees all from one place. BlueCrew is the right place for hourly workers seeking flexible schedules.
BlueCrew can help you find a high-paying job with additional benefits. It is made easy through the platform to find jobs that match your skill set and available hours. It offers the perfect platform for those looking for part-time work, and to make money.
- There are a variety of time slots available to employees
- Each job’s payment amount is determined by the job’s nature and the time slot preferred by the employee.
- Bluecrew rewards performance-based points.
- You must be 18 years or older
- Smartphone/PC with internet
- A candidate must have the appropriate experience, qualifications, and documents to prove his or her identity.
- In order to qualify for jobs, applicants must undergo interviews and background checks.
WorkWhile is another alternative to ShiftSmart that connects employers and hourly workers — companies list shift openings, while workers list their availability. In most cases, employers can adjust the size of their workforce at any time, and employees can make their own schedules to work to earn money.
WorkWhile conducts individual interviews with candidates, checks their backgrounds, and tests their cognitive abilities, to identify qualified candidates. WorkWhile platform is free for users.
WorkWhile matches hourly workers with jobs according to their skills, availability, and place of residence. It is a service that helps businesses find the skilled, reliable staff on a flexible basis.
- Employees who are reliable and skilled
- Getting started is easy, and there are no hidden fees
- Flexibility and control
- Payment on the next business day.
- Each applicant is interviewed separately
- Background checks should be passed by applicants
- Candidates should pass a cognitive test.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are other apps similar to ShiftSmart?
The above list includes nine top apps like ShiftSmart. Some most popular apps similar to ShiftSmart are Instawork, Wonolo, and UpShift.
Which app gives jobs like ShiftSmart?
TaskRabbit and GigSmart are the two best apps that provide jobs similar to ShiftSmart.
With the rise of the gig economy and remote work, millennials are looking for ways to work from home or find a job that allows them to be more flexible. Working a traditional 9-to-5 office job can be challenging if you have other obligations like school or childcare.
To make things easier, technology has come up with plenty of apps like ShiftSmart that help users find jobs with flexible working hours and remote opportunities.
There are many benefits to flexible jobs including cost savings and better work-life balance. But finding the right company requires some research upfront to avoid ending up in an exploitative situation.
Today’s economy makes it more challenging than ever to find a job. If you’re a parent, caregiver for an elderly or sick loved one, or have another obligation that makes you less able to meet traditional 9-to-5 work hours, finding an employer that offers flexibility might seem impossible.
Fortunately, the rise of flexible work has created a new market for employers and employees who want to find jobs that fit their needs.
I hope the above list of best apps like ShiftSmart helped you to find your desired job to earn money on your part-time and I hope the above apps similar to ShiftSmart have helped you find hourly/shift workers if you have a company/business.
If you know any other ShiftSmart alternatives, let us know in the comments section below.