Faster connectivity is always in-demand, especially now that people are staying and running errands at home. If you’re still using the current router that you had years ago, then it’s about time to check the latest innovation for a router. Wi-Fi 6 routers offer faster and more secured connectivity with improved client capacity, improved device battery life, increased efficiency, and more.
These routers are gaining popularity and come with various configurations with various price ranges based on your chosen model. If you plan to shop and upgrade your router from 802.11ac (Wi-Fi 5) to 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6), then read along as we’ve gathered all the practical information you’ll need to purchase the fastest and high-performing Wi-Fi 6 router to meet your need for speed and security.
How Fast is a Wi-Fi 6 Router?
Wi-Fi 6 is the next generation and the latest innovation when it comes to faster and better connectivity. It’s not just your typical speed booster as it offers tons of benefits like improved device capabilities, battery life, security, and more. Simultaneously, it makes the fundamental features—internet connection and a few more bunch of different technologies for an improved and efficient speedy connection.
If you’re more into figure when it comes to devices, Wi-Fi 6 is 9.6 Gbps fast. You’ll have an increase of 3.5 Gbps compared to your current Wi-Fi 5. With so much unit available in the market right now, ReviewsCon has intensively compiled the top-rated devices available in the market to help you simplify the search and upgrade your model conveniently.
Before purchasing the latest trends, it’s best to understand the features, benefits, and factors that need to be considered with Wi-Fi 6 routers.
Wi-Fi 6 Benefits
- It provided the world’s fastest connection speed and increased range.
- It offers a higher performance level with a busy multi-device home.
- It’s strategically designed to be compatible with smart homes and other IoT applications entirely.
- The router is suitable for 4k or 8K UHD viewing.
- You can purchase it anytime you feel to upgrade your router.
There are two vital questions that you need to answer before getting the Wi-Fi 6:
What’s your speed preference, and how do you intend to use the increased speed? You should also consider the device that you have. Next is to determine the required coverage on your place.
Essential Wi-Fi 6 Features To Consider
While purchasing the latest router unit can be enticing, it’s best to understand what features you are paying for. Aside from the benefits mentioned above, essential elements are vital to helping you decide whether this device is a compatible choice.
Here are what to expect and things you should consider when buying the Wi-Fi 6.
- Mu-MIMO (multi-user, multiple-input, multiple-output) This technology is widely used on modern devices and routers but is upgraded with Wi-Fi 6. It enables your router to communicate with several devices at once simultaneously.
- OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access) enables one transmission to deliver the data to several devices simultaneously.
Features to check:
- Offers high performance and focus
- Supports link aggregation to improved throughput for data balancing
- Must be equipped with USB 3.0 port
- Built-in parental-control routers for safe surfing
- Check whether your Wi-Fi 6 router has anti-malware software or tools for optimum security and protection
- Network security for visitors or guest networking
- Ensure it provides robust QoS (Quality of service) ideal for online gamers
- Pre-Installed VPN Client
- Supports DD-WRT
- Check AC Speed
Also Read: – How To Limit Download Speed in Chrome
Top-Rated Fastest Wi-Fi 6 Router For 2021
Wi-Fi 6 doesn’t just boost the internet speed in your area., its primary goal is to improve the network connectivity when multiple devices are using the internet. Since your router communicates with all connected devices simultaneously, this affects the speed of your connection.
The latest Wi-Fi 6 helps mitigate this issue and allows your router to communicate with every connected device in your network simultaneously. It sends data to various devices of similar broadcast, enables the Wi-Fi dependent device to schedule the check-ins into your router, and keeps connections at its robust state regardless of how many devices are demanding data.
Netgear Nighthawk AX 12 12-Stream (RAX120) Wi-Fi 6 Router
With 802.11ax wireless specification and parental control for added security, this Wi-Fi 6 router is an excellent choice. It comes with two USB ports, 5 LAN ports, eight antennas, link aggregation compatibility, IPv6 compatible, guest network, and anti-malware to ensure a fast and secured connection.
It’s a top choice if you are looking for fast and secured simultaneous device connections. It comes with wireless parental control features, more comprehensive range coverage, pre-installed VPN for optimum security, 8 LAN ports, 2 USB pots, eight antennas, MU-MIMO, IPv6 compatibility, link aggregation, guest networking, and anti-malware features.
TP-Link Archer AX6000
TP-Link is also a must-check Wi-Fi 6 router that comes with2 USB ports, 8 LAN ports, eight antennas, link aggregation, MU-MIMO, guest networking, IPv6 compatibility, and anti-malware protection.
While there are plenty of Wi-Fi 6 routers available in the market right now, it’s vital to check features suitable for your needs. Whether you plan to upgrade your router sooner or later, it’s best to understand the fundamental elements for every device. Next is to determine your budget without compromising the quality of service and functionalities.
- Wingdings Translator: 10 Best Wingding Translators for Free (2021)
- 15 Top Banggood Alternatives for Latest Gadgets, Apparels & Electronics
- What to do for Effective Content Writing – A Guide for Writers
- What Laptop You Should Buy as a Freelancer
- Top 11 Stores Like LL Bean: Stores Similar to L.L.Bean in 2021