Who hates to watch buffer-free movies, TV shows, and other videos on Kodi? I think no one! Whenever you play some movies, your favorite TV shows, or any other videos that you like through Kodi add-ons they play or stream it splendidly without any delay in streaming or buffering. This is because all add-ons use the pre-buffered amount of data that makes your video to play brilliantly without any issue with the buffer. Although, Kodi keeps the video buffer in its RAM, utilizing the 20MB that is allocated to all its add-ons by default.
It is not a problem for you if you’re using the higher-end device to stream quality videos using Kodi add-ons. But if you are using a low-end device to stream high-quality videos it will display a message “Cache is full, empty your Cache”. At last, you will end up with slow video playback and buffer while playing a high-quality video over Kodi add-ons.
Absolutely there is no issue in clearing the cache to fix Kodi not working. Clearing the cache will free up some space letting few other Kodi add-ons to use to generate a buffer for video playback. This will tend to give an extra-ordinary streaming performance while playing high-quality videos over Kodi. At one point, Kodi consequently clears the video cache on the off chance that it needs the space for its additional Kodi add-ons.
In case you are facing buffering-related issues on Kodi, the best solution is to clear cache on your Kodi. So, here are few methods on how to clear the cache on Kodi.
Note: – Kodi (Formerly XBMC) is a free and open-source media player software application developed by the XBMC Foundation. This guide is for educational purposes only.
How to Clear Cache Automatically in Kodi Krypton 17 Using Super Repo?
This method will fix the buffering issues caused because of full storage. To clear cache, Kodi users can entirely depend on Super Repo.
Here is a quick guide for Super Repo installation and Kodi cache clearing method.
- Open Kodi > Click on the Settings icon (located at the top) > Go to File Manager > Then double click Add Source.how to remove cache in Kodi using merlin
- Click on the option ‘None’
- Now type the URL and then Click OK
- Now type the Media Source name as ‘Superrepo’ and Click OK button
- Now you need to press backspace key multiple time to turn back to Kodi Main Menu and again, click on Add-ons
- Next, click on Package Installer icon which is located at the top left corner
- Now you need to select Install from Zip File and Click superrepo
- At that point, tap on Krypton > Repositories > Superrepo.
- Now Click on ‘kodi.krypton.repositories-0.7.04.zip’ and wait for the completion of the installation process
- In the next step, select Install from Repository and choose the SuperRepo Repositories [Krypton] [V7] > Add-on Repository > Select SuperRepo All [Krypton [V7] > Click Install
- Wait till the add-on is enabled.
- Now go back to Add-ons> Click the Box icon> Select Install from Repository and Click SuperRepo All [Krypton] [v7] > Program add-ons > Click Merlin Repository
- Now all you need to do is, click on the Merlin Wizard and go to Tool Box option located in the above menu
- On the bottom, you will see several options, the three main important options you need to concentrate on Clear Caches, Delete Packages, and Delete Thumbnails. Below these options, each will carry a space.
- Now click on all of these 3 options to free unnecessary space.
- You are almost done! Now click on Exit option, once you finish clearing Kodi cache, deleted Packages, and deleted Thumbnails.
- That’s it! You’re done! You have cleared cache automatically in Kodi Krypton 17 Using Super Repo.
Remove and Clear Kodi Video Cache with Simply Caz Wizard
One of Kodi’s many unofficial “wizard” programs, the Simply Caz Wizard, makes it incredibly easy to remove your video cache files without having to navigate through a ton of menus. There’s even a set of options to make cache cleaning automatic! All you need to do is install the Simply Caz repo, grab the add-on, then start cleaning.
How to install the Simply Caz Wizard?
- First of all Open Kodi
- Click on the gear icon to enter the System menu.
- Head over to File Manager > Add Source
- Type the URL as http://repo.cazwall.com/sc/
- Now name the new repository as “.cazwall” and Click “OK”
- Now go back to the Kodi main menu and select “Add-ons”
- Click the open box icon from the top of the menu bar and “Install from Zip File”
- Select “. cazwall”
- Open the folder marked “Repository (Click Here)”
- Now Install the file named repository.simplycaz-****.zip
- Again go back to the Add-ons menu and click the open box icon again.
- Select “Install from repository”
- Now click “Simply Caz Repo” and head over to “Program add-ons”
- Simply scroll down and select “Simply Caz Wizard” and install
- Now Simply Caz Wizard from the program add-ons menu.
- Choose “(Simply Caz) Maintenance”
- Move to “(Simply Caz) Cleaning Tools”
- Choose the “Clear Cache” option
- Now Confirm the cleaning in the window that pops up.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully cleared cache on Kodi.
Also Read: – 7 Best Subtitles for Kodi – 2021
How to Clear Kodi Cache Using Ares Wizard?
You can use an alternative Kodi repository to clear the Kodi cache named ‘Ares wizard’. This add-on is amongst the few highly recommended third-party add-ons. Here are quick steps to install and clear Kodi cache using the Ares wizard.
- Open the Kodi and Click on the Settings (Gear icon) located in the top menu and click on File Manager.
- Click Add source> Click <None>.
- Now you have to enter the URL as http://areswizard.uk/ and click the OK option
- You should name this source as ‘Ares’ and click OK two times
- Again, Click Add-ons head over to Box Icon top of the left-hand column by clicking on it
- Select option Install from zip file> Click on Ares> Click on “aresproject-0.1.0.zip”
- Wait for the arrival of notification and click on Install from the repository.
- Now you have to click on Ares Project
- Head over to Program add-ons and Choose Ares Wizard and click Install
- After successful installation of the Ares Wizard, Open it
- Now you need to select the Maintenance option from the top menu and from there click on Delete Cache\Delete Packages/Delete Thumbnails
- That’s easy as sweet! The Kodi cache will be deleted by this step and you’re done!
How to Clear Cache on Kodi by Using Indigo Add-on?
To clear the cache on Kodi using the Indigo add-on, you need to install the Indigo add-on first. So follow the below-mentioned method to install it. Then follow the simple guide to clear the cache on Kodi using Indigo.
Indigo Installation Guide
- You need to open Kodi and now click on the gear icon from top-left
- Choose the ‘File Manager’;
- Now you have to double-click on ‘Add Source’ that is located on the left side of your screen
- Click on ‘<None>’ and paste this URL: http://fusion.tvaddons.co
- Name the new source as ‘Indigo (Fusion) Repo’ and Click ‘OK’
- Now go back to Kodi’s main menu
- Click on ‘Add-ons’ in the application’s main menu
- Find and click on the open box icon from the top-left corner
- Pick ‘Install from ZIP file’;
- Head over to Indigo (Fusion) Repo > Begin Here. Now here you will see a file named ‘plugin.program.indigo.zip’
- Click on it and wait until an Indigo is enabled popup appears
- Done! Installation of the Indigo Kodi addon is finished.
Steps to Clear Cache on Kodi using Indigo Add-on
- Firstly open the Indigo add-on and there you will see a list of various options.
- Now open the folder named ‘Maintenance Tools’.
- Now you will find the option of Clear Cache
- Simply click on the Clear cache option and confirm to remove Kodi cache.
- That’s enough! You’ve successfully removed cache on Kodi.
Also Read: – 9 Top Best Live TV IPTV Kodi Add-ons 2021
How to Clear Cache in Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- First of all, you need to open Kodi Jarvis
- And then click on the System menu and select File Manager from there
- Now Double click Add Source option from the bottom
- After clicking on the Add Source, a box will appear, from it you need to click on the ‘None’ option and type http://srp.nu/
- Now Click Done and type the name ‘Super Repo’
- At last, Click Done and then OK.
- After completing these steps, switch to Kodi Main Menu again by pressing ‘Esc’ key from your keyboard
- Now Go to System and select Add-ons
- Then click on Install from Zip File > Super Repo > select Jarvis > Click on Repositories > Superrepo > repo.0704.zip
- Now select Install from Repository > Then Super Repo Repository [Jarvis][v6] > Go to Add-on Repository > Select SuperRepo All Repository [Jarvis][v6] > Hit Install
- Come two steps back and click on the option, Install from Repository > SuperRepo All Repository [Jarvis][v6]> Program Add-ons > Merlin Wizard and Install
- Now from the Merlin Wizard, head over to the Tool Box option
- There you will find 3 options that we’ve seen in method 2. They are Clear Caches, Delete Packages, and Delete Thumbnails.
- Click on each of these 3 buttons to clear the cache on Kodi.
How to Clear Cache on Kodi Using Exodus Add-on?
You can also solve the buffering issues on Kodi by clearing the cache using the Exodus Kodi Add-on. Follow the below simple guide to clear the cache on Kodi using Exodus.
- Open Kodi and go to Add-ons list installed then find Exodus from there
- Now open the Exodus addon
- From the main menu, click on ‘Tools‘
- There you’ll find various options. Choose to clear cache, clear providers, and to clear search history.
- Done! Now re-open the Kodi to fix the buffering issue on Kodi.
- You’ve cleared cache on Kodi using Exodus add-on
How to Clear Cache on Kodi Using Covenant Addon?
- Open Kodi and go to Add-ons list installed then find Covenant from there
- Now open the Covenant addon
- From the main menu, click on ‘Tools‘
- Select the clear cache, clear providers, and to clear search history.
- Re-launch the Kodi to enjoy!
How to Clear Cache on Kodi Using Supreme Builds Wizard?
- Open Kodi
- From Main Menu, Click Settings Tab Kodi Settings Icon
- Now Open File Manager
- Click Add Source and then <None>
- Now type http://repo.supremebuilds.com/ and then click OK
- Enter the name as Supreme and click OK
- Now go back to Kodi main screen and Choose the Add-ons
- Click the open package box in the upper left corner of the screen Install Kodi Addon
- Select ‘Install from zip file’
- Now click supreme (That you’ve named)
- Click supremebuilds.zip and just wait for a notification to appear saying add-on installed
- In the next step, Click Install from Repository and then select Supreme Builds Repository
- Select Program Add-ons > Supreme Builds Wizard > Install
- Now return to Kodi main menu and click Program add-ons
- Select Supreme Builds Wizard
- Now you have to click (Supreme Builds) Maintenance
- Select Clear Cache and confirm the Clear Cache of Kodi add-on
- That’s all! Now the Kodi will show a notification with the number of files cleared.
I hope our guide on how to clear or remove cache on Kodi helped you. Feel free to share your experience and issues while following the above steps to clear cache on Kodi. And don’t forget to share this article!