Keyboard glitches are exceptionally basic for laptops. Laptop keyboards get short for several reasons such as liquid spilled over the keyboard or moisture accumulation. So I this situation we have to use external keyboards. But the issue here is, even though while working with external keyboards, some random keys of the laptop starts pressing automatically and your laptop starts malfunctioning.
In the event that your PC or laptop’s keyboard gets short, at that point you can utilize these simple methods to disable or turn off your keyboard. You don’t have to open your laptop to solve this issue. By following this method, you can use your laptop with an external keyboard without getting irritated by your faulty keys. So here in this article, we are going to share a few working ways to disable or turn off laptop keyboard.
- Also Read: – How to Double IDM Download Speed on Windows
How to Disable or Turn Off Laptop Keyboard?
Some methods are available to disable or turn off the laptop keyboards. But some of them works only in Windows 7, Windows 8 while some method works only in Windows 10. So here are all working ways to disable or turn off laptop keyboard in all Windows. Check out the methods one by one to solve your laptop keyboard issue.
How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?
In this method, we are going to use the device manager to turn off the laptop keyboard. But one thing you should keep in mind that after following this method to disable laptop keyboard, you can’t use your laptop’s keyboard only until you restart your laptop.
- In the Windows search bar type Device Manager
- You’ll be able to find Device manager and click on it
- This will open up the Device Manager and now search for keyboards then hit the arrow to the left of it.
- There you will be able to see your laptop’s keyboard and Right click on your laptop’s keyboard driver and click ‘Uninstall’
- Click File > Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled or turned off.
- That’s it! Now you can’ use the laptop keyboard until you restart the laptop. When you restart your laptop, it automatically reinstalls the keyboard drivers. So if you wanted to permanently disable or turn off the laptop keyboard, then head over to below other methods.
- Also Read: – 8 Easy Ways To Speed Up Your Windows
How to Disable Laptop Keyboard Permanently?
As we mentioned, the above method is a temporary solution to disable laptop keyboard. If you’d like to permanently disable the laptop keyboard, then try this method.
- Open Device Manager by searching it on the search bar or right-click on Windows icon then select Device Manager
- Locate the keyboard in Device Manager and Select “Update Driver“
- In the next step, it will prompt you “check automatically for updated driver software” and “browse my computer for drivers”
- You should select “browse my computer for drivers”
- Now select “let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
- This will display a list of drivers, now you have to select incompatible drivers (Choose any other driver rather than your laptop manufacturer)
- Now Restart your machine to disable your laptop keyboard.
Note: – If you want to restore the keyboard the follow above steps again and make sure to select the compatible driver and Restart again.
How to Turn Off Laptop Keyboard?
We’ve found another solution to turn off the laptop keyboard using a third-party device manager. As you know the Windows Device Manager doesn’t allow to disable the keyboard drivers. So follow below step to disable keyboard driver of your laptop.
- Download devmanview third-party device manager for Windows from here
- Install it and open
- Now search for the Keyboard driver and disable them to turn off your laptop keyboard.
Note: – Must create a restore save point on your Windows before changing anything. So you can restore the changes back if anything goes wrong.
How to Disable Laptop Keyboard Windows 10?
To disable laptop keyboard in Windows 10. Follow the first method that we have added in this article. It works fine and if you want a permanent solution then method 2 works well.
How to Disable Laptop Keyboard Keys?
If you know the exact key that is causing the problem then you can use keytweak software to disable it. This tool will allow you to lock or disable the keys that are causing the issue. After installing the KeyTweak in your Windows, run the program and you need to click it and select the specific keys that you need to disable or turn off on your laptop keyboard. This method will disable laptop keyboard keys.