Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution open source project with thousands of security tools. This is not an attractive OS for all users, but the tools which are available in the Kali Linux is awesome for safety and everything. Recently, Kali released the newer version Kali Linux 2017.2 and it is going to fix a lot of issues and problems that existed in the earlier versions of Kali Linux. Apparently, nothing much changed regarding interface, but a lot has changed in the back end. A lot of updates and modifications have made to the different frameworks. So here is a quick review of the Kali Linux 2017.2 and guide to install it.
New Tools Added In Kali Linux 2017.2-
- hurl – URL encoder/decoder
- apt2 – Automated scanner and various active directory penetration testing tool
- brutespary – Tool to find the usage of default credentials on various services
- phishery – This tool lets you inject SSL-enabled basic auth phishing URLs into a .docx word document
- dbeaver – GUI database manager that supports MySQL, Oracle, SQLite & more
- bloodhound – This tool uses graph theory to reveal the hidden/unintended relationships within active directory
- ssh-audit – Checks for encryption types, banners, compression and more
- crackmapexec – a post-exploitation tool to help automate the assessment of large active directory networks.
Also Read – 8 Easy Ways To Speed Up Your Windows
How to Update Existing Kali Linux?
If you have already installed earlier version of the Kali Linux then follow below commands to update the existing one.
apt update && apt full-upgrade
How to Install Kali Linux 2017.2?
- Download the ISO file of Kali Linux 2017.2 from this link and Burn the ISO to DVD or USB
- Boot with your chosen installation medium
- Just follow complete tutorial from here
How to install kali Linux 2017.2 in Virtual Box?
- Firstly, install Virtual Box from this link (If you have already installed Virtual Box then skip this step)
- Now, Download Kali Linux 2017.2 from this link
- Open run the virtual box and click on New from the top menu
- Name the operating system as you want like Kali Linux 2017.2
- Select the type of the operating system Linux and version to Debian then click Next
- In the next step make the Memory size 2.0 GB or more and click Next
- Hard disk file type as VDI (Virtual Box Disk Image) and click Next again
- Choose Storage on physical hard disk Dynamically allocated and click Next
- At last, In file location and size, Select size of the virtual hard disk (Minimum of 20 GB disk space required for the installation of Kali Linux)
- Now you need to modify the VirtualBox Settings, so head over to Settings
- Select the type of the OS in General > Basic > Version & Debian (64 bit)
- Now in Advanced section change the Shared clipboard and Dragn’Drop to Bidirectional
- In System > Motherboard menu, un-check Floppy and check the box for “Enable I/O APIC” and modify the Base memory to according to your need and RAM of your PC like 1024 MB, 2048 MB, 3072 MB
- Check the box for “Enable PAE/NX” in System > Processor
- In Display > Video, set the video memory to 128 MB and check the box for “Enable 3D acceleration”
- Select Storage > Controller: IDE and click on CD icon then select the downloaded ISO file
- At last, From Virtual Box start screen, click on Start button and follow these steps to install Kali Linux 2017.2 on VirtualBox.
After installing the Kali Linux 2017.2, Do share your views in the comments section and share this post 🙂
Read More –
Speak Your mind In The Comments. I’d Like To Hear What You Think 🙂