This article will introduce you to the Adobe error code p206, explain why it occurs, and show you how to fix it.
Adobe users often encounter error code p206 while installing Adobe Creative Cloud or Acrobat DC. The error code says “We are unable to reach Adobe servers. Please check your internet connectivity and firewall settings, then click “Retry”. (Error Code: P206)”
Do you encounter the same error? Is this preventing you from working? Therefore, let us help you. We have provided instructions on how to resolve this problem.
There is a solution to every software problem. Below, you will find solutions for Adobe error code p206. In this article, we’ll cover the various possible causes of the Adobe error code p206. Then we’ll share solutions. Let’s get started!
Adobe Error Code P206: What does it mean?
The error P206 occurs when the network connection is unavailable or the server is unreachable. You may experience this unable to reach Adobe servers error code p206 for a variety of reasons, i.e., due to poor internet connectivity, TLS, incorrect time, firewall, antivirus/defender, or proxy configuration.
How to Fix Adobe Error Code P206 using TLS 1.2 Protocol
You can fix Adobe Error Code P206 by enabling TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows. Here is how to do it.
A program that is written by WinHTTP for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connections that use the WINHTTP_OPTION_SECURE_PROTOCOLS flag does not support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 protocols. Since the definition of this flag excludes such applications and services.
Thus, you need to update. There is an update that adds support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Those applications that make use of the WinHTTP default flag can make use of the latest TLS 1.2 or TLS 1.1 protocols without the need for any application updates.
You can get this update either by updating the Windows to the latest version or by Visiting the Microsoft Update Catalog website to download the standalone package for this update.
To get the update on your Windows PC, follow the below steps
- Search for Windows Update, and choose Windows Update Settings from the list.
- Select Check for Updates, and Windows will begin to search for new updates.
- If you see an update notification or a message about important or optional updates, click the message to see the updates to install.
- Choose the updates to be installed under Important or Optional, and click the Install button.
How to Fix Adobe Error Code P206 on Windows 7
If you are using Windows 7, follow these instructions to install Easy Fix then follow the below steps to solve Adobe error code p206 on Windows 7 operating system.
- Click this link to add DefaultSecureProtocols registry subkey automatically.
- From the File Download dialog box, select Run or Open, and follow the instructions in the easy fix wizard.
- Along with the DefaultSecureProtocols registry subkey, the Easy fix will also add SecureProtocols under the following registry location to enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2 for Internet Explorer.
The SecureProtocols registry entry that has the value 0xA80 for enabling TLS 1.1 and 1.2 appears in the following locations:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
You can also find some patches here
If you use a firewall on your computer, check that it does not block the activation server through ports 80 and 443.
Other Ways to Fix Adobe Install Error p206
Check Adobe Issue Status
First, you need to check the status of Adobe’s issues by visiting the Adobe System Status page. You can see issues relating to their respective software and tools on the page. If you find any issue on this page related to Acrobat CC or DC, you should wait until it is resolved. When Adobe fixes the issue, you can rettry installation again and check if the Adobe install error p206 appears again.
Check Internet Connection
If you are having trouble accessing the Adobe website, try visiting any other websites like Google.com. If you are having trouble accessing other websites as well, then your Internet connection may need to be fixed. In case your internet connection is not working, you should contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Check Firewall Settings
A firewall can prevent connections to a website. Whenever you see a security alert when accessing the online service, click Allow. You can also disable the firewall and try again to see whether it resolved the Adobe error code p206.
Check System Clock Settings
You should make sure the clock on your computer is showing the correct time and that the time zone is set correctly.
Disable Windows Defender or Antivirus
You can try temporarily disabling your Windows Defender or any Antivirus you use for some time, as it might prevent the app from working correctly causing Adobe error code p206.
- Search “Windows Security” and select the Windows Security app from the search results,
- Head over to Virus & threat protection, and then select Manage settings.
- Turn off Real-time protection.
- If you are using any other Antivirus software then open it and disable it.
Start Computer in Simplified Mode
If you start your computer in simplified mode (such as a safe boot on Mac OS, or a clean boot on Windows), other applications and utilities won’t be functional.
Check for Proxy Configuration Issues
- Open terminal or command prompt on your Windows or Mac
- At the prompt, type one of the following commands, and press Enter.
- After entering any one of the above commands, if the test is successful, you will see: activate.adobe.com [ip address] (Ignore everything else.)
- For example, PING practivate.adobe.com (188.8.131.52) with 78 bytes of data
- In the event that the test fails after entering any of the above commands, configure proxy settings for Internet access in Network System Preferences. Alternatively, you can try activating without a proxy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Adobe error p206?
Adobe error p206 is a frequent error that is encountered by many Adobe users while installing Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Creative Cloud. It prevents you from installing/downloading and says retry installation.
What causes the Adobe creative cloud error code p206?
It may be due to TLS, internet connection, incorrect clock, antivirus, firewall or proxy configuration.
How do I fix the Adobe error code P206?
We have covered everything you need to know about the Adobe error code p206. We explained the causes of the error and offered you solutions for resolving the problem above.
I hope this article helped you to fix the Adobe creative cloud error code p206. Do share this article.