It is crucial to have a broker you can trust when trading. In case you aren’t satisfied with eToro, you can find the best eToro alternatives and eToro competitors in this article.
If you’re searching for an alternative to eToro, there are some factors you should consider. The alternative to eToro you pick should have features and fee structures that match your investing style and trading preferences. Here is a comprehensive list and comparison of all of the best eToro alternatives.
For those who are hunting for trading platforms like eToro that have comparable options and superior features you need while trading that even eToro lacks, this is the article for you.
In this brief article, we are going to introduce 19 top eToro competitors that offer insights and help you master even the complicated trading strategies and techniques.
Best eToro Alternatives for 2023 (eToro Competitors)
If you are thinking about what makes these brokers better than eToro then in many ways, eToro is comparable to other trading platforms. Our comparisons of eToro and some of its competitors help you pick the best one that suits your need.
ThinkorSwim by TD Ameritrade provides commission-free trading, comprehensive educational programs, advanced trading platforms, and an intuitive mobile app. There are a number of services offered by TD Ameritrade that can be tailored to fit anyone starting out in the market, in addition to those advanced traders interested in taking positions in various asset classes.
Investors who are new to investing will find that ThinkorSwim offers a wealth of educational content as well as a smooth user experience.
ThinkorSwim has such a high reputation in the trading community that many individuals open TD Ameritrade accounts specifically for ToS access. In this article, we’ll look at what everyone is raving about by going through a high-level overview of ThinkorSwim.
ToS provides a powerful trading platform that enables you to trade virtually any instrument. Among these are stocks, options, ETFs, bonds, futures, and futures options. In addition to trading, the platform allows for in-depth analysis of stocks and trading opportunities.
You can use ToS on Windows, Macs, the web, and smartphones. While their mobile app looks similar to the desktop version, it lacks some features.
TD Ameritrade is a great place for beginners to learn the basics of stock investing. TD Ameritrade provides scope and depth of education unmatched by other companies like eToro.
TD Ameritrade’s interface offers interactive, self-directed learning through fully integrated content. TD Ameritrade designed its site with the user in mind, making it easy to use, and a personalized experience for the user.
It does not matter if you are a passive investor or a day trader, TD Ameritrade makes trading easy. TD Ameritrade’s mobile app and web platform provide an intuitive user experience, and the ThinkorSwim platform offers robust options for experienced traders.
It is quite easy to trade online on the website since users can easily enter their ticker symbol and enter their orders. Apart from fixed income, the web and mobile apps provide similar asset classes and support the same type of orders, like stop-limit orders. As well, all platforms let users stage orders for later entry, while ThinkorSwim and TD Ameritrade web offer conditional orders that let users set triggers based on price movements.
Usually, choosing the right stock or mutual fund to invest in can be challenging, particularly for new investors. In most cases, selecting a company can be a daunting task when you are just starting out due to the vast amount of companies that exist. TD Ameritrade provides stock screeners through their website in the research and ideas section.
Users can create custom screens that include parameters such as sector, industry, market capitalization, and many others. Though the website’s screeners are fairly straightforward to make, the layout can be difficult for beginners.
TD Ameritrade’s ThinkorSwim is a powerful trading platform like eToro specifically designed for experienced traders. Despite the web platform’s ability to draw trendlines, add indicators, and do basic technical analysis, ThinkorSwim excels in these areas as well.
- Zero commissions
- Best-in-class platforms
- Outstanding market research
- Offer top-notch education for beginners
- Good customer service.
- Beginner investors are provided with a wide range of educational programs
- An intuitive web platform and mobile applications
- There are a variety of trading platforms and investments available to investors and traders of all types.
- Research and charting tools of the highest quality
- Paper trading accounts are available
- 24/5 trading hours
- TD Ameritrade does not offer fractional shares
- Fees for accounts and funds are higher than competitors
- Trading fractional shares are not allowed
MetaTrader 4 is the second platform in our list of best alternatives to eToro. MetaTrader 4, commonly referred to as MT4, is a sophisticated trading platform designed to allow users to create and automate complex trades. As well as this, it offers a variety of market indicators for users to choose from during their trading.
These tools are particularly useful for foreign exchange (forex) trading, although they can also be used in a number of other markets. MetaTrader can be downloaded and used for free.
MetaTrader was introduced in 2005, making it one of the most popular trading platforms like eToro. This is an all-in-one trading platform, and it does almost everything. The experienced trader will have no problem making the most of this platform, as well as beginners.
Users will find the platform’s interface reasonably intuitive. Even though users will not have access to live customer service, they will have access to educational materials and tutorials to make sure they fully understand the platform.
MetaTrader 4’s key feature is the possibility of automating trades by programming custom indicators in the platform’s proprietary coding language. This platform supports more than thirty different languages and lets you copy the trading strategies of other successful traders. MT4 is known as a platform to trade forex, but it can also be utilized to trade other financial instruments including options and futures.
As far as features are concerned, MetaTrader 4 is a strong contender compared to other eToro alternatives. Moreover, MetaTrader 4 currently offers the vast majority of the industry’s features. It also offers special capabilities, like automatic trades based on its coding language.
MetaTrader 4 offers a variety of powerful features that are attractive to experienced investors. Although it is free to download, it is not possible to invest without an account with a broker that offers MT4. The simplicity of its interface and flexible trading options make it the best alternative to eToro.
- Fully optimized for desktop and mobile app
- A variety of markets
- Interface designed for ease of use
- Demo vs live mode
- Analytical tools
- Trade automatically with advanced indicators
- Observe successful traders and copy their strategies
- A fully-featured demo account
- The platform does not overwhelm the computer
- Multi-platform compatibility (Linux, Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android)
- Customer service is not directly available
- Detailed historical data is not available for backtesting
- Its web platform is in its development phase and does not support automated trading
- Trade execution speed is not good
- Many chart options are too complex for new traders
E*TRADE is among the best online brokers like eToro. The company’s no commissions policy and robust trading platforms attract active investors, and its large selection of educational materials makes it appealing to beginners as well.
No matter your level of trading, E*TRADE provides a mobile app and platform to suit you. E*TRADE’s Web and mobile platforms provide real-time quotes, market commentary, stock, and exchange-traded fund screeners and can manage accounts quite easily.
For more sophisticated traders, there is the Power E*TRADE app and platform with technical analysis, drawing tools, customizable options chain views, trading ladders, and other advanced features.
E*TRADE provides a variety of investment options, like stock, bonds, ETFs, and over 4,300 fee-free mutual funds, as well as futures and advanced options. It has a lot to offer investors of all levels, including beginners and advanced traders.
E*TRADE is actively attracting active traders with its two trading platforms, mobile trading platforms, a wide range of investment options, and extensive options trading tools. The Power E*TRADE platform offers simple, user-friendly tools for stocks, options, and futures trading.
In case you are interested in tracking the markets and trading them, you will find this platform useful. eTrade, an official website of the company, has loads of educational and research resources, including no-fee funds. Similar to many online brokerage companies like eToro, E*TRADE provides value for every investor regardless of their level of experience.
- Detailed research at your fingertips.
- Advanced app for smartphone
- Fee-free stock, options, and ETF trades.
- Easily accessible tools.
- A wide selection of investments.
- Exceptional customer service.
- The ability to conduct extensive research.
- Mobile app with advanced features.
- No commissions on stock, options, and ETF trades.
- Investors with different interests can choose between two mobile apps
- Integration of an automated portfolio builder with the online brokerage platform
- You may have trouble navigating the website.
- International exchanges are not possible
- Options trading can be costly for traders who aren’t active every day
- You can only purchase fractional shares through a dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP) or a Robo-advisor portfolio.
Surely Uphold deserves the list of our best brokerage trading platforms. You may want to go to Uphold if you wish to buy and trade a multitude of assets. It provides a number of cryptocurrencies, in addition to precious metals, national currencies, and U.S. equities.
You will have plenty of digital currency to choose from if you use Uphold. With around 75 cryptocurrencies listed, it includes the most popular ones, along with smaller altcoins and stablecoins based on the U.S. dollar.
Uphold is unique in that it has a variety of assets and allows trading between them. Through your Uphold account, you can buy and trade cryptocurrencies, precious metals, such as gold and silver, stocks, and fiat currencies, namely the U.S. dollar and the euro.
A single platform lets you manage your entire investment portfolio. Additionally, it’s faster and easier to trade between different assets.
In the Uphold platform, there are no deposit, withdrawal, or trading fees. You should be aware that it charges a spread on your trades depending on the types of trades you make and the conditions of the market.
In addition, there will be a network fee applied to external crypto wallet withdrawals, however, that fee will be assessed by the cryptocurrency network, instead of Uphold.
Uphold provides useful content for educating crypto enthusiasts. Uphold offers various cryptocurrency types, each with a separate page explaining what it does. They offer the Uphold Card you can use to pay with cash, crypto, precious metals, or any other asset you hold. It is a Mastercard, so it can be used anywhere Mastercards are accepted.
Cardholders can also earn 1% cashback on purchases made in national currencies and 2% crypto rewards on cryptocurrency purchases.
If your goal is to find an investment platform that allows you to make investments in cryptocurrencies, stocks, and other assets, and if you are someone who likes to use cryptocurrencies at stores and online using a debit card then Uphold is definitely for you.
- Access to other investment markets
- Option to trade directly between any two assets
- Robust security measures
- Offers a debit card
- Easy-to-use mobile app
- No fees for deposits, withdrawals, or trading
- Over 100 countries are served globally
- Informational content on crypto
- Trades multiple assets
- Assets can be sent to others instantly
- You can get a rewards credit card
- Spread fees that are too high
- A lack of user support
- There is no stake or lending program.
Binance provides a wealth of useful charts and an easy-to-use interface. The best part about Binance is that it charges very low fees on spot trading and low instant-buy fees. Binance ranks among the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges globally. Fees that are among the best in the industry and a wide variety of cryptocurrencies give it an edge over its competitors like eToro.
The Binance exchange supports approximately 365 cryptocurrencies, of which 65+ are available in the United States. In addition, global users are able to access a wide selection of fiat currencies, which include USD, EUR, AUD, GBP, HKD, and INR. You can choose from a broad selection of crypto pairs, depending on where you live.
Binance provides a comprehensive set of trading tools, such as real-time charting tools with moving averages and exponential moving averages. Binance is available as a smartphone app, website, and desktop app.
The Binance platform also lets traders view their portfolios and trade history, along with order books and price charts.
With one of the lowest fees in the industry, Binance stands out from the competition. In spite of the higher fees Binance.us charges U.S-based users, it still charges less than other platforms including eToro alternatives.
Similar to other sites like eToro, Binance lets you buy and sell cryptocurrencies. It has an appealing design, and you can quickly select the digital currency you’d like to purchase and select a payment method. Investors who are new to the market and trying to avoid mistakes should have no problem investing in Binance.
- Peer-to-peer trading
- Crypto-to-crypto trading
- Three platforms for trading
- Variety of cryptocurrencies
- Low fees in comparison to eToro competitors
- User-friendly platforms for traders regardless of their experience level
- Fast trade execution
- Crypto collection
- An extensive range of trading options and order types.
- The U.S. version has limited features
- It is a complicated and confusing platform
- There is no integrated digital wallet
- Binance is facing regulatory issues in many countries.
Coinbase is another brokerage trading platform. This is a leading cryptocurrency exchange in the United States and ranks among the top exchange platforms like eToro globally. The Coinbase iOS and Android applications offer similar functions and features as the desktop platform.
Coinbase provides a website and mobile app to buy, sell, store, and exchange cryptocurrency. It is especially useful for newcomers to cryptocurrency looking for a simple way to buy and sell without having to worry about the hassles associated with external wallets and decentralized exchanges. Those with more advanced skills have access to more advanced features and order types with Coinbase Pro.
The number of currencies supported by Coinbase is increasing regularly, and the number currently stands at over 100. This cryptocurrency exchange charges higher fees in comparison with other exchange apps like eToro. Coinbase displays the cost of trading before you enter a trade, allowing you to know what you’re paying before you begin trading.
Coinbase has an extensive collection of educational materials, and they have a unique way to motivate users to take part in the learning process.
- Support for a wide range of currencies, notably Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Beginner-friendly interface
- Cryptocurrency earning opportunities
- Provides debit card
- Simple and intuitive mobile app
- Additional useful features on Coinbase Pro.
- Beginners will find it easy to use
- An extensive selection of cryptocurrencies is supported
- Low minimum to fund account.
- Coinbase Pro has a lower pricing structure
- Cryptocurrency is insured against website hacks. So, your cryptos are protected.
- Transaction fees are too high
- Customer service is not good
- Several altcoins are not available for trading
Being a major U.S. broker, Fidelity caters to all types of investors. This is the best alternative to eToro trading platform for beginners to seasoned professionals and independent investors to sophisticated investors who need highly personalized advice.
If you’re a casual investor who wants to buy and hold, Fidelity offers a wide range of tools, research, and order entry options. To meet the needs of sophisticated traders and investors, Fidelity recommends Active Trader Pro, which offers real-time streaming data and a customizable trading interface.
Fidelity makes online trading commission-free for stocks, penny stocks, ETFs, and options. It has optimized its trade execution algorithm to give priority to price improvement.
Fidelity offers a range of powerful research tools and asset screeners that can assist you in finding your next trade. You can choose from multiple pre-built and customizable screeners for stocks, options, ETFs, and fixed income.
With an extensive educational library, Fidelity is a top contender in our list of best eToro alternatives. Various educational materials are available in the learning center, such as articles, videos, infographics, webinars, and recorded webinars.
- Commission-free online trading
- Improved trade execution algorithms
- Access to powerful research tools and asset screeners
- Expense-ratio-free index funds.
- Easy-to-use and popular mobile app.
- Excellent customer service.
- Exceptional trade execution
- Comprehensive research and asset screeners
- Educational resources of high quality
- There is no trading of futures, commodities, or cryptocurrencies
- Only available to residents of the United States and the main island
- The web platform does not stream news or data
- Fees associated with broker-assisted trading are high.
Zacks Trade is another eToro substitute you can consider. This platform was established in 1978 and offers online brokerage services. It is designed for advanced active traders with a strong desire to control their investments. Its platform provides stocks, ETFs, options, and mutual funds. It offers innovative trading platforms and tools to help options traders and frequent traders.
- There is a wide range of research available.
- Traders have access to a robust trading platform.
- International exchanges are available.
- Advanced trading tools and platforms for both beginners and experts
- With an account, you get free access to market research
- Broker-assisted trades do not require additional fees
- Margin trading available
- Minimum requirements are high
- Charges/commissions are higher than those charged by many eToro competitors
- There is no iOS app available
Other eToro Competitors You Can Try
That’s it. These are the recommended eToro competitors that you can select. In recent years, stock trading and automatic financial guidance have gained popularity. Of course, finding the trading platform that suits your needs is equally important.
To find out the best options available, we researched and gave a detailed overview of the top eToro alternatives on the market in this article. I hope you liked this article. If you know any other alternative to eToro that deserves this list comment down the name.
Note: – The images, screenshots, and trademarks used in the article belong to their respective websites and owners and we do not claim any right over them.