The pioneer of the buy now, pay later (BNPL) concept, Klarna is the go-to app used by hundreds of millions of users around the world. It’s a pretty helpful app for users who regularly purchase a lot of goods online.
However, there is a concern regarding privacy with the Klarna app. To be clear, Klarna is a great pay later service, but the company collects too much users data when they create accounts and when they interact. Moreover, they collect information about users from a variety of sources such as credit and fraud prevention agencies, stores, or public databases. It is worth using their service if you are satisfied with it and it is valuable to you.
However, if you are someone who is concerned about their late fees and returned payment fees, low borrowing amounts, or any other privacy issues and want to remove your account and other contact information from Klarna’s database, this is the article for you.
In this article, we are going to show you how to delete Klarna account permanently and remove your personal data from their database.
Before you close Klarna account, pay off any outstanding payments. Also, ensure your payment information has been removed from the app. You can do this from Klarna > My Klarna > Payment methods > Pick the card you want to delete > Click Remove your saved card > Select Remove connected card.
How to Delete Klarna Account Completely
Delete Klarna Account through Website
- Visit Klarna’s customer service page from here
- Select the country
- After that, you will find the Chat with us option at the top of the page
- Click on it and it will ask you to pick the country of residence
- Then it will redirect you to the login page.
- Login to your account and inform the representative there that you would like to close the account, and they will help you close it.
- Make sure the customer service representative knows that you don’t wish to receive marketing emails and all the data associated with your account should be deleted.
Delete Klarna Account through Phone
- You can reach Klarna customer service by calling 1300 000 190
- Please inform them that you would like to cancel Klarna account and give them the details they ask
- Follow the instructions told by them in order to remove your personal data and account from the app.
Delete Klarna Account through Email
It is also possible to close your Klarna account permanently by sending an email to Klarna customer support. To do so, follow these steps;
- Open Gmail or another email service of your choice
- Please log in using the email address that you registered with Klarna
- You can compose an email by clicking the Compose button.
- Fill in the “To” field with email@example.com
- In the subject field, write “Request to Delete My Klarna Account”
- Enter your reason for closing your Klarna Account in the message section of the email.
- You can send the email by tapping the Send button
- You’re done! You will get a confirmation email from Klarna. It may be necessary to provide Klarna with more information related to your account so that they can cancel your account from their side. Therefore, you should reply to the email with the information they ask for.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Klarna safe?
Yes. Klarna is legit and a safe payment platform. However, you have to know about the late fees and other fees associated with Klarna before creating or purchasing anything using Klarna.
Can Klarna affect your credit score?
Klarna does a soft credit check with no impact on your credit score, and it will not appear on other lenders’ credit reports when you choose Pay in 4, Pay in 30 days, and when you use monthly financing. They perform a hard credit check on big purchases, which will be reported to the credit bureaus and will appear on your credit report.
Why should you delete Klarna account?
Most of the buy now pay later platform users are worried about the financial consequences of purchasing regularly. The total would be quite high. In the end, you would have spent considerably more than you otherwise would, which would make it more difficult to afford the full price of items you need in the future. Moreover, Klarna charges up to a $7 late fee per installment.
What is the maximum credit limit for Klarna?
Your Klarna credit limit depends on Klarna’s credit history, Klarna’s unpaid orders and open debt, cart value, and the external credit lookup information.
How do I delete my Klarna account?
In order to cancel your Klarna account directly, you must contact Klarna support by filling out a form. This article has mentioned every possible method you can use to close Klarna account easily and permanently.
What happens when you delete Klarna account?
- Your Klarna account will not be accessible
- You can’t purchase anything again using Klarna
- Payments and purchases made in the past will not be visible
- If you request the removal of your personal data, it will be permanently deleted, with the exception of certain information that Klarna must keep.
How to stop receiving emails from Klarna?
If you want to block or unsubscribe to Klarna marketing emails then go to My Klarna > Settings > Notifications > Marketing emails > Click the toggle to turn off Receive marketing emails
Can I have more than one Klarna account?
No. You can’t make multiple Klarna accounts. However, Klarna does not have a limit on the number of purchases you can make.
How to change number on Klarna account?
In order to change your number on Klarna, you need to contact their support page. They will help you change the number on your account.
How to pay Klarna with bank account?
Just to be clear, you can’t pay Klarna with a bank account. Klarna accepts all major credit and debit cards including Mastercard, Visa, AMEX, and Discover. You can connect a direct debit mandate to your bank account by navigating to My Klarna > Payment methods > Connect a bank account > Enter your bank details > Link your direct debit mandate > Enable Autopay.
Why is my Klarna account not working?
- Make sure the Klarna app is up to date
- Try clearing the cookies of your browser
- Make sure you have an active internet connection and ensure you’re not connected to a restricted or limited network.
- Make sure you have enough funds to make the payment.
Why can’t I use my Klarna Account?
There may be times when Klarna’s payment methods are unavailable while trying to purchase something with Klarna. For some users, late or missed payments or negative financial reporting can prevent further use of Klarna.
How to deactivate Klarna account?
There is no way to deactivate your Klarna account. Either you can cancel your account or contact their support to get more details on account deactivation.
What are the alternatives to Klarna?
This was our quick guide on how you can completely delete your Klarna account. You can try out other Klarna alternatives to enjoy your buying experience.
We hope you enjoyed the article and if you have any questions, you can leave a comment below.