Are you looking for TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata; please update microcode to version: 0x52 (or later) solution? Well. We will tell you the methods to fix TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata in Ubuntu/Linux Mint.
How to Fix TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to errata Error in Linux Mint?
Most of the times, you get TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to errata prompt when there is a problem with your root drive.
- At the initramfs prompt, type exit
- Hit enter to see the error message
- If it shows error path to the device that failed, /dev/something, then type fsck -y /dev/etechshout (Replace etechshout with the actual path)
- It will repair the problem with the root drive and once it completes successfully, type reboot and hit enter
- That’s it! I hope this method solved TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to errata error in Linux Mint.
- Suggested Read: –
- Why You Should Learn Linux?
- Tools to Run Windows Programs On Linux
- Things You Should Consider Before Switching to Linux
- Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon – New Features | How to Install Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon
How to Solve TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to errata Error?
If the above method didn’t work for you, then no worries. Here is another method to solve TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to errata error.
- First of all, you should check if there is an update available for your BIOS/UEFI.
- After updating the BIOS/UEFI, try below commands
- Depending on your processor brand, the following command line :
sudo apt-get install intel-microcode
sudo apt-get install amd64-microcode
- The above commands will automatically apply the latest processor firmware when the Linux kernel is booting. I hope this solved the issue.
So, guys, that’s it for the article on methods to fix TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to errata error. I hope the above methods helped you to fix this error. If one of the above mentioned methods worked for you, please comment below specifying the method that saved your day. Please, don’t forget to share this article with your friends.